Greetings and happy Friday!
First, I wanted to point your attention to the cover reveal and teaser for Matt Archer: Legend over on Matt’s site — click here for details! Legend should come out in about a week–keep checking matt-archer.com for details!
1. What is the name of your current WIP?
2. Ready to do a cover reveal?
Not quite yet. : )
3. How many words are you into it?
I’m editing at the moment, so ~61,500
4. Goal word count by the end of the week?
Not really a word count goal, but to finish the second round edit (by mid-next-week)
5. Goal word count for the entire manuscript?
6. What genre does your work in progress fall within?
Young Adult, contemporary; Young Adult, sports romance
7. When would you *like* to publish this project?
It will be published by Entangled a little later this year.
8. Go to page 5 of your manuscript and pick a sentence at random to share with us!
“Yet, her smile is tight and I can see all my failures reflected in her eyes.”
9. Will this WIP turn into a series book?
Maybe; still trying to work out some spin-off ideas
10. What has been the hardest challenge in working on this WIP?
Bending Act I to my (and my editor’s) will. It needed to be cut down quite a bit, so I’m learning how to maintain meaning while tightening everything up and losing extraneous bits.
11. What has been your favorite part of working on this WIP?
Getting to know my main character, Genna. She’s having a rough time, so exploring her pain while trying to lead her back to hope has been interesting. Tough, but rewarding.
12. Any special treat planned for when you finish the final draft of your WIP?
Dark chocolate M&Ms — that’s my bribe for milestones. : )
13. Tag three people to complete this WIP meme!
>> Kary Rader
>> Kait Nolan
Anyone else who wants to participate, can — let me know when you post. I love to hear what people are working on. I hope everyone has a great weekend — I’m back to editing.
Until next week!